While you might not think about them as often as you think about getting your oil changed, it’s important to get your brakes checked on a regular basis as well. If you’re looking to get your brakes checked or serviced here in Redwood City, California, or the immediate area, we’ve got you covered right here at Redwood City INFINITI. Our expert technicians are well equipped to take a look at your brakes, assess whether or not they need serviced, then take care of anything necessary.
[ SCHEDULE NOW: Book Your Brake Service Today! ]
When should I get my brakes checked?
Typically, it’s a good idea to have someone inspect your brakes every six months. A lot of times this can simply be done at the same time as your oil change or your tire rotation or perhaps as part of a multi-point inspection. Regardless, it’s important to have someone checking out your brakes regularly as anything going on with your brakes can quickly lead to big time problems, both to your vehicle and potentially to you and any passengers you take along with you.
In addition to keeping them looked at regularly, there are a few telltale signs that you should bring your vehicle in immediately to have someone check out your brakes. While these things won’t always mean something is wrong with your brakes, they’re great warning signs that you should heed just in case.
- Naturally, if your brake warning light is on, it’s a pretty good idea to bring it in
- If you notice that your brake fluid is significantly lower than it should be or appears to be very dirty
- If you notice a strange sound as you depress the brake pedal, particularly grinding or squealing
- If you notice that your brake pedal feels strange as you press it, particularly less firm than normal
- If you feel frequent or severe vibrating as you slow your vehicle to a stop
- If your vehicle pulls off to one side or the other as you are braking
You can also check your own brake pads to see if they’re worn down, if you know how to determine this. The best piece of advice we can give you is… if you have any doubts, just bring it in. It can’t hurt to be overly cautious when it comes to safety. Just bring your vehicle in right here to the Redwood City INFINITI Service Center!