All vehicles require maintenance, and you've probably heard of aligning your vehicle as part of that maintenance. But are you familiar with why you should check your alignment? Front-end alignment is an essential part of a well-running vehicle and can greatly impact the longevity and quality of your vehicle.
[BOOK NOW: Schedule a Front End Alignment Today!]
Signs You Need Front-End Alignment
So, how do you know if you need a front-end alignment? First of all, front-end alignments are typically reserved for two-wheel drive vehicles, while AWD or 4WD would require a 4-wheel alignment. If you do have a FWD vehicle, these are some of the signs to look out for that it might be time for an alignment.
- Is your car pulling to one side or the other while you drive? If you have to compensate by turning your steering wheel when you're trying to drive straight, it's probably time for an alignment.
- Take a look at each tire's tread wear. Are the front or back tires wearing unevenly? Does each individual tire have more wear on the inside or outside? Uneven wear indicates misalignment.
- Does your steering wheel vibrate while you're in motion? This could be an indication that the front and back wheels aren't aligned with each other and need realignment.
- Did you just replace your tires? New tires might mean that you should check the alignment. Luckily, this can be done at the time of your tire replacement service to save you time.
- Frequent travel on dirt or rough roads can slowly put your wheels out of alignment. If that's the case, you should have your alignment checked more often than if you only drive on smooth roads.
Why Is Alignment Necessary?
A front-end alignment is necessary to fix all of the above issues. Often, if your vehicle has poor alignment, you need to pay for the alignment as well as new tires, especially if they have uneven wear. On top of that, a misaligned front end puts extra stress on your suspension, adding to the list of repairs. Routine alignment will save your tires, suspension, wheels, and could even increase your gas mileage. While it's not something that's necessary at specific intervals, you should at least have your alignment checked out as part of routine maintenance.
Front-End Alignments in Redwood City
The service center at Redwood City INFINITI is well-equipped for alignments of all types. We honor all INFINITI warranties, including providing a complimentary courtesy vehicle in the event that yours requires extensive service. You can trust our experienced technicians to provide the best service for your vehicle, including alignments, oil changes, and more. Schedule an alignment check today to ensure your vehicle operates as it should, and don't hesitate to ask about our service specials! We look forward to helping your INFINITI last.